fade

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Meat!

I live in LA. There are lots of oddish people here. They mostly seem to come here from other places. There are probably more people here from somewhere else than from here.

With that in mind, I know a number of people with dietary constraints. Vegetarianism is a pretty common one. I don't mind that, mind you. It's a fine thing. What I do mind is when they complain/preach about cruelty to animals or my carnivorous activities. I know more than one hard core VEGAN who has a leather interior in their car, wear leather shoes and jackets and stuff like that. Why it's OK to wear dead animal and not consume it is beyond me.

It does bother me to kill animals. It also bothers me to kill plants. But, we do survive quite well on an omnivourous diet, so I figure it's probably the right thing to do. Humans really don't survive well eating only fruiting bodies. Life is based on consuming other life, and so be it. But don't be a hypocrite about it. You want to be vegan, do it. Don't wear leather, don't use animal by-products (good luck-glue, ink, medicines, and on and on and on are bits of processed dead animal). Then you can complain all you want. Otherwise, it means little.

Meat eater? Ever killed anything and eaten it? If not, you should. Add some value and understanding to that poor chicken you chomp on. I'd just as soon not eat at all, ever. Doesn't work. Just had to get over it. I don't like leather, wear very little of it.

Oh, I was born here, lived here most of my life.

2 Comments:

  • Damn you, simple! The last thing I need is another blog to read obsessively.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • Oh, sorry. But, I guess I'm honored. Welcome.

    By Blogger simple, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home