fade

Friday, December 23, 2005

holidays

Well, they're looming large. Kwanzaa and Hanukkah (add the C if you need), and Christmas. They're overwhelming. Forced into Christmas here. Had to go out and get a murdered tree (look at the prior topic for more on that one). Really bothers me a lot. Grow something for ten or twenty years just to murder it for exhibition in your living room for a couple of weeks-then toss it in the trash.

Yeah, that's the spirit. More spirit: Seems that now you do Halloween (moved it up a couple of weeks), then start in on the Christmas frenzy of consumption. Need to get lots and lots of stuff. Give gifts, get gifts. Life's grand. Be nice to the homeless for a little while-it's the giving spirit. It's generally selfish too. What do you WANT? I WANT STUFF. When do you WANT it? Well, on a specific day, of course. I'm so damned special that I deserve to be recognized (with stuff) on the anniversary of my birth and on Christmas and Valentine's day-and maybe a couple of other events during the year. If you don't give me something really special, then I get to make you feel miserable about yourself, or at least guilty. I also get to be miserable or happy because it's MY SPECIAL DAY.

I'm sure that's what Christ wanted. [here comes the blasphemy] All these Christian religions that kill people in his name (not that other religions don't kill people too...). That tell you what's right and wrong. Based on all the crap that is currently (supposedly) based on this guy's life-I would imagine him as one selfish arrogant snot. Can you imagine: "Hey, I'm the son of God down here on Earth. Give me some stuff, and conquer the world for ME. If you don't make me happy, I'll tell dad to send you down to the firey pits of Hell. ...and he'll do it too!" Doesn't surprise me that they would stick him on a stake with that kind of attitude. I hope that's not how it was. Maybe I better go read up on that.

Couldn't we all just be considerate and giving all the time-just because we want to be nice? "Here's a little thing I came across that I thought you might enjoy." or "I was just thinking of you, so I dropped this card in the mail-'cause our friendship brings me some joy." Nah, it's easier to just do it on a predetermined day when everyone else it doing it. Oh yeah, 'random acts of kindness' that's a good one. {no, I'm not a Christian-go figure}

Well get outta' my way, I've got some Valentine's day shopping to get done.

1 Comments:

  • If you ask me, crucifixion was way too good for that little brat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home