fade

Friday, December 30, 2005

slow food

What is it about eating at a restaurant that is appealing? You have to wait to sit down, wait to tell someone what you want to eat, wait for the food, wait for everything. Where's the instant gratification? And, if you go to a snazzy enough joint, you have to valet park too. That means you have to stand around looking like an idiot while someone goes and gets your car for you.

I just don't get it. And you have to pay through the nose for the experience. I guess there's a big sign on your head that says "Sucker", right? People not only choose to do this, they go out of their way for the experience.

Here's my idea, c'mon over to my house and wait in line for hours in the rain, and I'll charge you lots of money to listen to me scratch my fingernails on a chalkboard. Maybe, if you want to pay more, you'll get a poke in the ribs too. Sounds appealing, doesn't it?

Oh, in thinking about it, that's the night club experience, isn't it? Darn, someone beat me to it.

1 Comments:

  • What kinda' attitude is that sister/mister?!!! I oughta' take you by the collar, lift you off the ground, and jiggle you around, like.

    By Blogger Geritopia, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home