fade

Monday, January 02, 2006

year six

Is this the beginning of the sixth or only fifth year of the Apocolypse?

Well, whatever it is, we seem to be off to a good start. Rain on the Rose Parade brought me a mixed bundle of joy and grief. I don't appreciate parades. They make no amusement for me. Sorry about the poor folks who marched in the thing and got sopping wet and cold. A lot of work on the floats down the drain much quicker and more literally than in the past. Since the whole thing was conceived and continues as an advertising scheme, it doesn't instill deep meaning in me. tut tut.

So there's war, disease, stupidity, etc. (is there ever not?). Government seems bent on getting the whole end of the world into gear and making sure it actually ends. So what else is new? What's the solution? You got it: Get rid of Baywatch and Benny Hill. Maybe add in the elimination of Fox TV.

Well, happiness and joy to you in 2006. If you celebrate some other year, that's even better. Jewish? 5766 (in September). Chinese=4704 in about a month. Got the idea? Yeah, it's really only the Apocolypse if you're on the Gregorian Calendar. Does Not Apply otherwise. A way out? I think so. Pick a system and start using it for everything. Ought to go over really well for payroll and banking and billing and such. That way, when the rapture happens, you're passed by-free to go on your merry way (I think). Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

go here: http://webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar.html lots of fun info for just such a purpose. I really enjoyed the Mayan part. I think I'll adopt that one, personally.

4 Comments:

  • I just told my landlord that my rent's going to be a few days late. -You know, on account of Vesak Day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • Vesak day is in May. Do you pay that much in advance?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • Look, I don't tell you how to celebrate Hari Raya Puasa; don't tell me how to celebrate Vesak Day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

  • Hey, let's leave Vesak Day alone. The rent too. the gold state has the right spirit, so what do you care mr/ms anonymous? We aren't even on that silly old May sort of calendar anymore anyway. What do you know?

    good tidings on Vesak Day, and Hari Raya Puasa. Ohmmmm.

    By Blogger simple, at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home